[KPhotoAlbum] Pan operation.

Rafael Beccar rafael.beccar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 19:28:20 BST 2007

On 9/14/07, Jan Kundrát <jkt at gentoo.org> wrote:
> Mark Eichin wrote:
> > Hmm.  It would still be useful without having to get it from exif
> > data... I add Location kimdaba-tags to most of my images, plus just
> > about everything I put on flickr I put on the map - and I should
> > really pull all that back in to kimdaba, but it didn't occur to me
> > until now :-)
>
> I don't know about any service that would return me geographic
> coordinates when given arguments "Česká republika", "Českosaské Švýcarsko".

One way to have the exact coordinates might be by finding on google
earth the place where the user took the picture. However, this might
be tedious when tagging a lot of images.

> Although simply adding, for example, a button "show this on map" to the
> infobox would be trivial, I'm not sure what would users do with such a
> feature. If it was, on the other hand, implemented with real geographic
> coordinates, one could run queries like "show me pictures taken near
> here"...

I agree that it would be great if we could be able to save geographic
data on KPA database. Once the ability to load the data is there,
people could write plugins or patches to import the data from
different sources: manually; using exif info; parsing a .kml file,
etc. Or even to export data (to a .kml file for example).

Greetings,
Rafael