[KPhotoAlbum] 'jump to context'

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Fri Oct 26 13:14:12 BST 2007

Does it widen it only one step or all the way to all photos?
Could it be renamed to something like 'show all photos' or 'show more
photos' or something the users, not only developers know what it is
about..?

I think one problem here is that you don't see where you are at, in
the thumbnail view. OK, there's this text every now and then in the
status bar. Would it be possible to make some kind of tree view of the
whole KPA database and show it at the same time w. thumbnails? it
would be cool to be able to create there custom searches as shortcuts,
like 'all pictures taken of me in Sweden' or so. This would allow
changing the view without the need to go back (or make a new search)
to do it.

This tree could actually be something like
db
-own searches
   - me in sweden
   - car photos w. someone I know
-people
   - me
   - someone else
   - third person
-location
   - everywhere
       - here
       - there
  - sweden
-event
  - bday
-keywords
  - car

naturally w. icons

(I haven't used digiKam so it's possible it has features like this,
dunno.. Gwenview as well as most browsers do this with folders, I'd
like to see KPA to do it with categories (well, whatever they were
called again.. )