[KPhotoAlbum] "Search for images and videos with a valid date but an invalid time stamp"

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Fri Oct 26 12:56:10 BST 2007

Hi!

I run this search, it took a long time (a lot of photos) and I get a
window with a lost of file names and new & old times. Does this really
change something in the DB? It's called search but is it actually
'search&fix&change'?

Some lines from the window:

/home/rhk/Datat/photos/2005/050114-D70_reeni/dsc_0333.jpg:
existing = ma tammi  17 14:04:23 2005 14:04:23
new..... = ma tammi  17 18:38:49 2005

/home/rhk/Datat/photos/muiden_kuvat/kaveripoppoo_juho_1005/001_1.JPG:
existing = to loka   27 00:00:00 2005 00:00:00
new..... = to loka   27 20:37:12 2005

What does this mean and how does it do it?
I suppose it reads the date & time from KPA DB. I suppose that if time
is missing it suggests time from exif (or file creation date - don't
think so..). If time in db differs from the one in EXIF, it may
suggest that too?

So could someone tell me what happened, is this what was supposed to
happen and how could it be told to the user what this does.

What I thougt was this would only show me photos that don't have a
time in the DB. But I suppose that's not possible?