[KPhotoAlbum] Search on exif tag

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Wed Oct 17 19:05:03 BST 2007

Hi, I'm sorry. I didn't follow my thread at the time I posted and almost
forgot about it :-/.
Please see below.

2007/9/24, Jan Kundrát < jkt at gentoo.org>:

> Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
> > I've got a small question on a feature I never or so used before: search
> > by exif tag. I can't find how to access this feature, though in the old
> > KPA news, there's explicitly said we "now" can search by exif tag :-).
>
> The second item from the bottom in the browser window is called "EXIF
> info". When selected, an EXIF Search dialog should appear and the second
> tab has a list of available cameras. This search can be combined with
> any other options that KPA supports in the usual way.
>
> Or are you missing the EXIF support completely?

I don't think so, since in the thumbnail window, I have "Show Exif Info" on
the right click.
And errr... I think I got it...

I just had a look in the KPA Feature Status window. I have the exif support,
but miss the SQLite one. At the time I compiled, I guess I thought it was
related to the db backend, this isn't the case, is it ?

After searching, it appears I was missing the "libqt3-mt-sqlite" package
(ubuntu).

As you said, I see a many different cameras in the list. I seems to match
the one in my photos. Though the search doesn't seem to work correctly.
Since I just added the above package, shoud I trigger something? Maybe
Maintenance/"Re-read Metadata from Files" and only update exif infos?

Btw, what is the "import tags" related to, IPTC?

Thanks a lot again.

--
Baptiste MATHUS
BMathus at Batmat point net - http://batmat.net