[KPhotoAlbum] Very experimental image-grouping patch

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Wed Nov 28 12:34:40 GMT 2007

   Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:08:34 +0100
   From: "Paul Fleischer" <paul at xpg.dk>

   > I haven't checked the code thouroughly yet, but it seems to me that we can
   > generate this mapping after having parsed the XML file. I have nothing
   > against having memory structures a "bi-directional list", but I'd like to
   > avoid it in the XML db.

   I understand. Only disadvantage by doing it after having parsed the
   XML file, is that it requires running through all images again, to
   establish the parent/child relation. But I guess, that this doesn't
   really matter.

We should make sure that this doesn't have performance implications on
large databases (20,000~50,000 images).

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton