[KPhotoAlbum] [OT] extragear/graphics/kphotoalbum

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Wed May 23 19:10:37 BST 2007

Baptiste MATHUS schrieb:

> 2007/5/23, Shawn Willden <shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
> <mailto:shawn-kimdaba at willden.org>>:
>
>     On Tuesday 22 May 2007 11:31:56 pm Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
>     > | My self-respect is decreasing in a swift way,
>     >
>     > Man is that all it takes. Now try implementing a whole project,
>     just to be
>     > told half way though that it will never be used, but should be
>     implemented
>     > nevertheless just for management :-)
>
>     Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
>

> Amazing idiom. This one doesn't exist in french. Have learnt a new one
> today, thanks Shawn :-)
> (See http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/59900.html for those like who
> were maybe not sure to understand his remark).

Ahh, thanks for the explanation.
I had guessed the T-Shirt refers to a Dilbert cartoon(*). (But probably
it might be just the other way round)
I'm just going through this. We assume that we are trying to learn
dressage on a dead horse...
(see e.g. http://www.little-idiot.de/teambuilding/DastotePferd.pdf -
sorry only German)

Martin

(*)
In the cartoon, Dilbert has been asked to share his "best practices". He
explains (with slide show)
- the project got to a slow start
- then came the relocation
- the reorganization
- the merger
- the lay-offs
- finally the whole industry changed and the opportunity evaporated
- so we classified the unspent budget as "savings" and gave everyone a
T-Shirt.
At this point the PHB asks: "You have been asked to show your best
practices - what are you implying ?"