[KPhotoAlbum] extragear/graphics/kphotoalbum

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Tue May 22 12:55:19 BST 2007

well I have a slight settings-fobia. A setting is not always the best
solution, as it makes testing and maintaining more difficult.

If there is a problem with the implementation, then I think time is better
spent trying to figure out what takes time, rather than spenting the time in
the future fixing a bug which comes from this setting.

Optimizing the code could be done through lazy evaluation e.g. where a file is
not stat'ed before the info is really needed.

Just a though, no action items on anyone behalf :-)

On Tuesday 22 May 2007, Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
| Yeah, would be interesting in fact to test with a 100k images db. Maybe
| I'll try this. But as Shawn said (
| http://mail.kdab.net/mailman/pipermail/kphotoalbum/2007-May/003233.html),
| even with his about 20k, it didn't seem to be a problem anyway.
|
| I agree that with today machines, even iterating through a 10k shouldn't be
| a problem. Anyway, wouldn't it be the best of world if this feature could
| be activated via the preferences? An additional checkbox like "Make
| browsing all images available when selecting only one" (well, a bit long,
| agreed :p).
|
| Cheers
|
| 2007/5/22, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at blackie.dk>:
| >
| > my

| > |
| > | [replying to main list as 145309-done at bugs.kde.org doesn't like mails]
| > |
| > | Well, I've mailed the list with this patch and although I'm aware of
| > | the O(n) complexity of the string search, my opinion is that this new
| > | feature is worth the slowdown.
| > |
| > | The response time is "affordable" on my machine with 9525
| > | images/videos. Anyway, I can try to rework it to work with cell numbers
| > | etc if the slowdown really bothers.
| >
| > I dont think you should worry about string comparing at all.
| >
| > In any case I don't know where/if there is a bottleneck. What I usually
| > do is
| > to create some directories with symlinks to images, so I get a db of say
| > 50.000 images. Just a suggestion.
| >
| > Cheers
| > jesper.
| >
| > | Cheers,
| > | -jkt
| >
| > --
| > Having trouble finding a given image in your collection containing
| > thousands of images?
| >
| > http://www.kphotoalbum.org might be the answer.

thousands of images?