[KPhotoAlbum] extragear/graphics/kphotoalbum

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Tue May 22 12:47:02 BST 2007

Yeah, would be interesting in fact to test with a 100k images db. Maybe I'll
try this. But as Shawn said (
http://mail.kdab.net/mailman/pipermail/kphotoalbum/2007-May/003233.html),
even with his about 20k, it didn't seem to be a problem anyway.

I agree that with today machines, even iterating through a 10k shouldn't be
a problem. Anyway, wouldn't it be the best of world if this feature could be
activated via the preferences? An additional checkbox like "Make browsing
all images available when selecting only one" (well, a bit long, agreed :p).

Cheers

2007/5/22, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at blackie.dk>:

> On Tuesday 22 May 2007, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> | Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> | > Did you ever look into what the cost for this is performance wise?
> | > It feels to me that it takes longer to show an image when I have all
> my
> | > 7000 images in the view.
> |
> | [replying to main list as 145309-done at bugs.kde.org doesn't like mails]
> |
> | Well, I've mailed the list with this patch and although I'm aware of the
> | O(n) complexity of the string search, my opinion is that this new
> | feature is worth the slowdown.
> |
> | The response time is "affordable" on my machine with 9525 images/videos.
> | Anyway, I can try to rework it to work with cell numbers etc if the
> | slowdown really bothers.
> I dont think you should worry about string comparing at all.
>
> In any case I don't know where/if there is a bottleneck. What I usually do
> is
> to create some directories with symlinks to images, so I get a db of say
> 50.000 images. Just a suggestion.
>
> Cheers
> jesper.
>

> | Cheers,
> | -jkt
>

> --
> Having trouble finding a given image in your collection containing
> thousands of images?
>
> http://www.kphotoalbum.org might be the answer.

Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS
BMathus at Batmat point net - http://batmat.net
---------
Si chacun de nous a une idée et que nous les partageons, nous
repartirons tous les deux avec deux idées... C'est ça le Libre.