[KPhotoAlbum] Delete select (images) dialog

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Mon May 21 18:00:46 BST 2007

2007/5/20, Martin Jost <lists at majo.name>:

> what about doing it the way KDE does shutdown. (See attached screenshot):

Gnome also uses this principle to log out, so I guess this would be a good
idea, so as at least to be consistent with usual user experiences.

If we decide this is the way to go, say we have many buttons, one per
feature :
1) Delete from disk
2) Ban from DB (and so keep on disk, obviously)
3) [this one could be done later] Move to the Trash

Iyo, what should KPA be doing for the options 1) and 3) about file banning?
Does it even make sense to ban deleted objects? I seem to remember this is
what KPA does at the moment if you select both checkboxes (not at home to
check).

If we keep the file hash in the exclude list, I understand it becomes
possible if you want to ignore file even if you restore it from, say, one of
your DVD. But I'm not sure it's a useful feature, as one may rarely delete a
file from disk, then restore to ban it from KPA... It seems simpler to only
ban it :-).

In fact, I think that when deleting (to the trashcan or from disk, anyway),
we should just delete it and not ban it. This is a feature we couldn't keep
with buttons for each features since we couldn't click many buttons at the
same time.

I'm not sure I'm clear, if not please let me know. If sufficiently, then I'd
be delighted to hear what you've got to say.

Thanks in advance.
--
Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS
BMathus at Batmat point net - http://batmat.net