[KPhotoAlbum] Fwd: Re: Checking image file readability by MIME type, rather than file name

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Sat May 12 19:13:18 BST 2007

Robert L Krawitz schrieb:
>    Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:24:13 +0200
>    From: "Jeroen Eeuwes" <jeroeneeuwes at gmail.com>
>
>    > That, however, raises the possibility of a situation where a
>    > formerly-ignored file is replaced with a new file that is a valid
>    > image or video that KPA can handle.  So either the ignore list
>    > also has to store ctimes and the new image scanner has to check
>    > them when deciding to ignore the file, or there needs to be an
>    > option in the GUI that allows the ignore list to be cleared.
>
>    Just curious, but how does this work for 'valid' files? In other
>    words, what if there's "nice-picture.jpg" and it gets replaced with
>    another one?
>
> Since KPhotoAlbum stores MD5 checksums, it can at least in principle
> detect when a file has been changed (there's a command to explicitly
> recompute checksums).

While you are at it, would it be possible please to store the md5
checksum for ignored photos and use them on scan ?
When I last reorganized the directory structure KPA worked like a charm
with two exceptions:
- photos whose md5 checksum changed due to editing the photos
- all ignored photos came back to life, because KPA didn't recognize
them, because no md5 sum is stored for them.
(I ended hand-editing the index.xml to fix with)

(Ok, I guess this is only very slightly connected to the recent
discussion and I should probably enter a report in the bugzilla)

Martin