[KPhotoAlbum] Fwd: Re: Checking image file readability by MIME type, rather than file name

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat May 12 00:33:51 BST 2007

   Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:24:13 +0200
   From: "Jeroen Eeuwes" <jeroeneeuwes at gmail.com>

   > That, however, raises the possibility of a situation where a
   > formerly-ignored file is replaced with a new file that is a valid
   > image or video that KPA can handle.  So either the ignore list
   > also has to store ctimes and the new image scanner has to check
   > them when deciding to ignore the file, or there needs to be an
   > option in the GUI that allows the ignore list to be cleared.

   Just curious, but how does this work for 'valid' files? In other
   words, what if there's "nice-picture.jpg" and it gets replaced with
   another one?

Since KPhotoAlbum stores MD5 checksums, it can at least in principle
detect when a file has been changed (there's a command to explicitly
recompute checksums).

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton