[KPhotoAlbum] Checking image file readability by MIME type, rather than file name

Shawn Willden shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
Thu May 10 16:52:51 BST 2007

Bug 136955 has a patch attached that seems like a good idea to me.  Can anyone
think why it wouldn't?  Personally, I think it's a bad idea to have misnamed
files, but if it's possible to handle it gracefully, why not do it?

Here's the text of the bug report:

files named pict000.jpg or Akademy2005.png etc. are imported correctly, even
if they are wrongly named and in reality both image/tiff, but Sol-2002.01.04
or Judy.image are not (both image/png).

And the patch is at:

http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=18505&action=view

	Shawn.