[KPhotoAlbum] Is there a way to copy tags between photos ?

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Mon May 7 08:08:34 BST 2007

Mark Eichin schrieb:
> The little wxPython app I used (with bins) before I moved to kimdaba
> had exactly that feature - "fill" (ctrl-A) would fill in all metadata
> from the last-viewed image.  Very useful for a one-at-a-time workflow,
> without getting in the way of browsing.

Yes, it is something along this lines, I would like to see.

Angel Lopez schrieb:
> why don't you use tag multiple photos at the same time? (CTRL-2) and
> then you tag all the photos with the same persons just in one step.
>
> Even, if almost all of them have the same persons but one or two are
> different you can tag all first with the same persons (this will fit
> most of them) and then change one or two individual photos to math the
> correct information.
This is what I try to do right now.
There are two problems with it:
1.
You have to select all the photos first. This usually ends up with a
bunch of photos wildly distributed within the whole set, I'm working on.
Nevertheless I miss some - this is the reason for my wish for a way to
drag-and-drop the whole set of tags attached to one photo.
2.
When you tag with Ctrl-2, no photo is shown at all in the dialog. So I
end up juggling the diashow window (to see the photo), the tagging
window (to tag it) and the main window (which when iconised  iconizes
the tagging window too)...
3.
(This problem wouldn't be solved with my suggestions - all ideas welcome)
I end up with an ugly mess of completely tagged, partly tagged photos
and photos not tagged at all ....
Yes I use the trick of using a "is tagged" tag. But this doesn't cut it
in this case when I jump around between photos to tag the common subset
of contents between them...

At least I've learned, that I didn't missed a feature.

Martin

P.S.:
Please note, that I don't  want to just nitpick at KPA. In fact I like
the application very much - for me it is the software discovery of 2006 !
Thanks for the great work !