[KPhotoAlbum] make: Autoconf version detection failure

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Fri May 4 00:03:23 BST 2007

Hi!

Tried to install the latest SVN:

rhk at ribatop:~/Ohjelmat/KPhotoAlbum-src$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
This is free software.  You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

rhk at ribatop:~/Ohjelmat/KPhotoAlbum-src$ make -f Makefile.cvs
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

./admin/cvs.sh: 651: --version: not found
*** AUTOCONF NOT FOUND!.
*** KDE requires autoconf 2.53 or newer
make[1]: *** [cvs] Virhe 1
make: *** [all] Virhe 2
rhk at ribatop:~/Ohjelmat/KPhotoAlbum-src$

Where's the thing? In my system or in the cvs.sh -file? I've had the
same error for hmm.. months, but have been able to bypass it by
editing the cvs.sh file not to check for autoconf version, but now I
decided to report this (again?)..

I think I have all required packages installed, but the version check
fails, as you can see.

rhk