[KPhotoAlbum] KPA across network

Jeroen Eeuwes jeroeneeuwes at gmail.com
Tue May 1 12:32:53 BST 2007

Hi Neil,

> sudo mount -t smbfs //Su/My\ Pictures\ on\ Su /home/pics

sudo mount -t smbfs -o uid=neil //Su/My\ Pictures\ on\ Su /home/pics

> As for the fmask and dmask, I think that is the first bit of the -rwx------
> ownership permissions line, but I would not know how to adjust it to change
> the setting.  I have only been using linux for about 2 weeks now.

fmask is for files and dmask for directories. You can put different
permissions on either using the masks (at least when using smbfs).
That way you can change who can do what. However, if you're not
comfortable with it (and don't need it because you're not in a shared
environment) don't worry too much about it.

Best regards,
Jeroen