[KPhotoAlbum] read-only web interface

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Mon Mar 26 21:13:15 BST 2007

vincent delft wrote:
> I've got a crash on my server and decided to move away
> from my Gentoo and go to FreeBSD. It seems I've forgot
> some files ;-(.

I still can't figure out how to get the source. Link mentioned in my
original message returns 404. Am I missing something?

>> [2] seems rather limited, I've decided to write a
>
> ?? don't be aligned with you ???
>
> As far as I'm correct, I've never been contacted by
> you with improvements, new features, ... or complaints
> about the missing link to the tgz.

You're correct. I thought you didn't want to have the sources available
anymore, my bad.

The "seems rather limited" means that I wasn't able to figure out how to
get images tagged like "Foo in People and Bar in People" . I tried
modifying URL (appending another "/keywords-noir-et-blanc/", for
example), but it didn't work.

> You are free to diseable what you don't want.

"I'm not interested in..." doesn't mean "your product sucks because it
does $foo" but "if I write my own, it won't contain $foo feature as I
don't need it".

> But, you know, KPA has already HTML output.

Which is not what I want.

The goal of my first mail wasn't to say "hey, DjKPA sucks", but "I'd
like to have a web browser for KPA database and the only one I found,
DjKPA, doesn't have sources available anymore and either doesn't do what
I want it to or I'm not able to figure out how to do it". It wasn't my
intention to bash your tool, I'm sorry if you got it in that way.

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth