[KPhotoAlbum] a working photo interface

Lars Clausen lars at raeder.dk
Fri Mar 2 02:42:01 GMT 2007

Shawn Willden said:
> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 11:00, you wrote:
>>
>> Are there indeed true subcategories?
>
> There are subcategories, yes.  However, what I suggested in the previous
> e-mail wouldn't work.  I didn't think about the fact that within a
> top-level
> category, every name in the category tree has to be unique, because all
> nodes
> in the tree are treated as a flat list for some purposes (mainly for
> assigning them to photos).  That's a good thing for most ways that
> categorization is used in KPA, but a disadvantage for this specific case.

I have another case where it's a disadvantage:  I have a top-level
category "Purpose" wherein I have various uses I want to put the images
to.  Frequently, an image can have more than one purpose.  After selecting
images for a purpose, I go through and see how good they are for that
purpose, applying one of five sub-categories.  However, the
unique-within-toplevel assumption means that this only allows me one
quality rating per photo, not per purpose.

-Lars