[KPhotoAlbum] KPA Survey

Tero Tilus tero.tilus at jyu.fi
Thu Jan 11 08:09:04 GMT 2007

2007-01-11 08:29, Lars Clausen:
> I think the multiple-versions-of-same-shot and related-shots
> concepts should be kept separate to avoid confusion.

I agree.  Even if they might actually have largely common
implementation, the concepts are very much different.

Talking about related-shots.  Am I the only one who can not think of
any relation that is _not_ well representable with current tagging
system and would be something else than definig "related" all pics
closer to each other in time than given threshold, assume "related" be
an equivalence relation and grouping together all equivalence classes.

> Hmmm... *ponders what to do when several shots are combined into one
> image*

Using the the concepts in question, this is, I think, quite natural.
Image has multiple "parent shots". (in multiple-versions-of-same-shot
sense) That might or might not be a problem. I can think of only
fairly small solvable technical problems rising out of multiparent
images.

--
Tero Tilus ## http://www.iki.fi/tero.tilus/