[KPhotoAlbum] Patch: file type as subcategory of media type

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 20 11:17:43 GMT 2007

A while ago I submitted a patch which implements file type subcategories:

File extensions (jpg, png, cr2 etc.) are detected and listed as
subcategories of the corresponding media type (image, video)
automatically. This allows easy selection of only raw files or only
jpgs, for example.

This is a refined version of the previous patch: Instead of taking the
last 3 characters of the file, the file name is properly parsed for the
extension. This is done in a platform independent manner (read: QT),
just in case ;)

Extensions are converted to lower case, so "JPG" and "jpg" are the same,
but "jpeg" and "jpg" are not. I'm not sure if they should be.

Patch is against devel branch, should apply to stable as well.

Cheers,
Michael