[KPhotoAlbum] order criteria for a family photo collection

Tero Tilus tero at tilus.net
Thu Feb 8 08:47:42 GMT 2007

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007, Heinz Kohl wrote:
> of any two algebraic numbers it can be exactly(!)  said, which of
> both is the greater one. That's used in algebraic geometry.

Should we now be like *ooh* ?
Hey, man!  *lol*  We've done our math proper.  ;D

> And it is lacking a method to implement other than explicitely
> defined enumeration data.

If you mean you would like to use other datatypes than enumeration
in your metadata, you are quite right.  That's what you can not do.
And afaik there's no plans to extend KPA db schema to include anything
else than enumerations.

And if you mean that KPA is forcing you to predefine your taxonomy,
it's not.  You can freely extend and modify your taxonomy as you add
more images.

> I was doing some such actions using some regular expression hack directly
> modifying the index.xml file and was adding some categories in that manner.
> But that's not enough.

Were you just creating the categories or categorizing the images in
the db also?  If later, what exactly are you missing?  (if not the
integer datatype to assing to scan numer)

--
Tero Tilus ## +358 (0)50 3635 235 ## http://www.tilus.net/koti/tero/