[KPhotoAlbum] Second iteration of experimental image grouping patch

Paul Fleischer paul at xpg.dk
Tue Dec 4 01:09:41 GMT 2007

2007/12/4, Tero Tilus <tero at tilus.net>:
> 2007-12-04 00:22, Paul Fleischer:
> > This makes me think of introducing "views". A view would basically
> > be a search-expression of tags to show, and tags not to show.
>
> Search result by another name?

Hmm, yeah, but stored search results....

> > I don't know if negations are currently implemented, can anyone
> > clarify this?
>
> At least to a degree that you can use not-operator '!' in search
> dialog.  See KPhotoAlbum handbook page 17.  :)
>
> http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/kphotoalbum/kphotoalbum.pdf

Argh, and KPA even warns me that this dialog is complex, and I still
haven't taken the time to read the documentation. That's embarrassing.

> > Different people could then have different views. And one could even
> > have different views for different occasions.
>
> Would you call those saved searches "bookmarks"?  I would.  ;)

Hehe, again, you've got a point. Stored search results would indeed be
bookmarks.
I like that idea.

> > On the other hand, this approach might be severe overkill
>
> Only if we do not have the necessary foundation already implemented.
> For what I know, I'd assume it's mostly there.

I won't comment on that before I've read the documentation. I think
we've now established my point'n'post tendency :-). But I do think
that this bookmark idea is truly interesting.

/Paul