[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Web Interface

Palmer Dabbelt palmem at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 18:20:38 BST 2007

I know KPhotoAlbum has HTML export through the KIPI plugins, but I don't like
it all that much...

The reason I use KPhotoAlbum is because of the really cool method it uses to
locate photos, and the KIPI export doesn't really work that way.

Long story short, I wrote a little ruby script that mimics the KPhotoAlbum
interface inside a web browser.

It's ugly, and currently doesn't handle sub/super-categories correctly (just
ignores them), but I like it better than the KIPI export.

The settings should be pretty self-explanatory.  It is designed to run as a
cgi-bin script.

It's not tested much, but seems to work OK for me.

I have the KPhotoAlbum index.xml file set to speed, not readibility, and have
not tested the other way around.  Aside from that, everything's default.

I'd love some feedback, and more than a little help with web design (it's just
blank right now)
-palmer