[KPhotoAlbum] Idea for quick search feature

Martin Hoeller martin at xss.co.at
Thu Apr 26 13:55:56 BST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 26. April 2007 14:38 schrieb Risto H. Kurppa:
> I think having a search bar with basic 'search from everywhere, incl.
> all catogories and folder names and descriptions etc' with basic 'and,
> or, +(required), -(without)' would be great. Being able to define more
> specific, like 'people: martin' makes it quite difficult for people to
> understand what's going on. And I don't think one should be able to do
> all the same searches from the search bar as from the search dialog -
> this also means that I don't think KPA should be able to show all
> search syntaxes made from the search dialogue, in the search box.

That's exactly what I meant. Having the possibility of a common "query
language" is fine, but the various UIs (simple search-box, enhanced search
dialog, some web-frontend) should hide the complexity of this language from
the user!

- martin
Martin Höller                   | martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme           | http://www.xss.co.at/
Karmarschgasse 51/2/20          | Tel: +43-1-6060114-30
A-1100 Vienna, Austria          | Fax: +43-1-6060114-71