[KPhotoAlbum] Idea for quick search feature

Shawn Willden shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
Thu Apr 26 13:01:17 BST 2007

On Thursday 26 April 2007 05:40:19 am Martin Hoeller wrote:
> I think we are starting at the wrong end.
>
> * First we want some enhanced search capabilities.
> * Then we have to design and implement this search capabilities.
> * And finally we need a UI which makes thhis feature available to the user.

Hehe.  I'm going about it the other direction because my goal is to add a
specific kind of search to the UI and I want to generalize it where possible
without either making good performance impossible or making the feature hard
to use.

Jan, on the other hand, is trying to create some enhanced search capabilities
that allow a high degree of precision in search specification.  I'm
interested in making my notional syntax compatible with his, but only where
it doesn't risk damaging the speed and ease of use of the UI feature I'm
looking to implement.

	Shawn.