[KPhotoAlbum] [patch] Excluding Files and Directories

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Tue Sep 26 19:49:40 BST 2006

Thanks for the patch. I attached a new patch for you which compiles with
current trunk.

Though I agree this might solve some people problems, I really doubt that the
majority of KPA users would know how to create a regexp (even with my
editor), which exclude files in certain directories and with certain
extension.

Any suggestion for Ashley, for improvements?

Ashley, before I want to include this, I really need it a bit more polish,
hope you understand.

Kind Regards
Jesper.

On Sunday 24 September 2006 17:18, Ashley J Gittins wrote:
| Hi Jesper and everyone,
| 	After my own whining about wanting to exclude my RAW files from being
| indexed, others having similar desires, plus others who want to exclude
| entire directories from being indexed, I decided to shut up and try and fix
| it instead of just complaining :-)
|
| Attached is a patch which adds an option to the general tab in the config
| settings, allowing the user to enter a regular expression to define files
| or directories to ignore. This expression is tested for while scanning new
| files, and applies to files and directories. If a directory matches,
| KPhotoAlbum will not descend that directory (unless it gets there by other
| means like following a link), if a file matches it never gets considered
| for indexing.
|
| I hope it's up to standard but please let me know if there is further
| cleaning up or functionality that needs to be done. Jesper, I was thinking
| that adding a button to bring up your KRegExpEditor dialog would be a nice
| touch, I just don't have time right now to look into that.
|
| Other possible enhancements would be adding a combobox to select whether to
| use regexp or wildcard matching formats (the latter being a bit more
| user-friendly but less powerful), and a checkbox to determine case
| sensitivity.
|
| I had created the patch against a copy of 2.2, but I've just noticed that
| trunk has been refactored somewhat, so I have also attached a patch against
| the current SVN repository. So those still running 2.2 who would like to
| try this out can use the 2.2 patch while anyone tracking the current svn
| repository can use the latter svn patch.
|
| Feedback welcomed.

thousands of images?