[KPhotoAlbum] Recursive Folders?

Martin Hoeller martin at xss.co.at
Wed Sep 20 12:47:07 BST 2006

> 1.)
> What does the save button in the upper left of the "view
> images"/thumbnail-view?

It only saves the KPhotoAlbum database (the file index.xml). In this file
all the information you told KPA about your pictures, like persons,
keywords, locations, etc., is stored.

> Is it affected by the currently selected images
> (e.g. like the native html-export function)?

No.

> Why would I want to hit save before exiting KPhotoalbum at all?

Because of the same reasons you would save a document you write with a text
processor of your choice. You don't have to if everything goes well, but
just in case...

> 2.)
> How do I select all pictures in an entire directory branch (i.e.
> including the subfolders?)

I'm afraid that's not possible as KPA doesn't really use the folder
structure on your disk.

What you can do if there are not too many subfolder per folder is open a
folder, select all images (Ctrl-A) and assign a token to the images. Repeat
this for every subfolder. Afterwards go "Home" and select all images with
the corresponding token.

hth,
- martin
--