[KPhotoAlbum] NOT doesn't work in searches

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane+kimdaba at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 18 09:53:30 BST 2006

Risto H. Kurppa venit, vidit, dixit 2006-09-18 00:56:
> Hi!
>
> I try to make searches with more than one category and add ! in front
> of one to exclude these from the search. Doesn't help - if I have a
> 'not' there, it ignores the whole selections there. I mean it shows
> all images, not only the ones with the tags I've selected in the
> category.
>
> Locations:
> Finland
> Sweden
> Norway
>
> I Click Finland and Sweden and put a ! in front of Sweden:
> !Sweden|Finland
>
> And I get photos from all these three Nordic countries (like I'd have
> any photos from Norway or Sweden, but if I would..)

"|" denotes "or", and the precedence of "!" ("not") is higher. That means:

"!Sweden|Finland" should give you all images which are "not from Sweden"
or "from Finland". In your case, this would be those from Finland and
those from Norway (assuming they are not tagged as "from Sweden", too -
such as borderline pictures ;) ) and those which have no Location. If it
doesn't work that way it's a bug (it works for me).

Cheers,
Michael