[KPhotoAlbum] new snapshot with DND support for sub categories!

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Tue Sep 5 15:12:31 BST 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 16:00, Shawn Willden wrote:
| On Sunday 27 August 2006 20:08, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| > As a side effect of this, the items in the list boxes have now changed to
| > check boxes, and an item is marked as on an image when checked (in
| > contrast to, when selected), I hope this will make KPhotoAlbum just a
| > little bit more accessible for newcomers.
|
| This may be a newcomer/experienced user tradeoff, but there's an aspect of
| the checkboxes that I don't like.  When categorizing photos, I used to be
| able to just type the first few letters of the category name, enough that
| the desired category came to the top, and then hit 'enter'.  Now I have to
| take my hands off the keyboard and reach for the mouse to click the
| checkbox.  That really slows me down.  I would suppose that the enter key
| could be made to toggle (or just set) the checkbox state.
Did you try It? :-) Well enter doesn't toggle (which might be a good idea, but
it does indeed select, as always)

| Also, I normally keep the categories in the annotation dialog sorted in
| "last use" order, and that appears to be broken, or at least changed.
| Particularly when adding "Persons", consecutive photos tend to have largely
| the same group, so the old way was very convenient.  After categorizing a
| handful of photos, the group of people was at the top of the list, making
| it easy to either click to select the ones in the current photo, or in many
| cases to type just the first letter of each name, hitting enter after each.
Nothing should have changed there, could you be more explicit of what you see
and what you expect?

| The tree view when in alphabetical order is nice, but I hardly ever use
| alphabetical order.
Well it shows up in the categories too, and trust me it is very usefull when
setting up sub items.

| This is an SVN build from Saturday.
|
| Thanks, Jesper,
|
| 	Shawn.