[KPhotoAlbum] Automatic database backup feature out of order ?

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Sun Oct 22 17:28:03 BST 2006

I'm sorry I didn't send an email saying I had already found about
this. The thing is : even if the feature was not "really" broken, I
could not use it with the graphical tools. I was using the graphical
archive manager of gnome (fille roller) and this one did open another
instance of FileRoller when trying to open the backup created by kpa.
So, if you corrected it, giving the right extension inside the
archive, that's better anyway. I'm gonna have a look at how you
changed it to give you my opinion :-).

However, thinking about it, I think there's still a problem that's not
the one of KPA anymore : in term of coherence, I'd find interesting
that the behaviour of "file roller" would act like Nautilus. In fact,
it should use some kind of bin like "file" (say, the lib behind,
obviously) that do not care about the extension :

Example :
baptiste at pumte:~/Perso/Photos$ file index.xml~0017~.zip
index.xml~0017~.zip: Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract
baptiste at pumte:~/Perso/Photos$ mv  index.xml~0017~.zip  index.xml~0017~.pof
baptiste at pumte:~/Perso/Photos$ file index.xml~0017~.pof
index.xml~0017~.pof: Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract

I think I'm gonna do a bug report, or at least improvement proposal
for FileRoller.

See you space cowboy :).
-- Baptiste

--