[KPhotoAlbum] Automatic database backup feature out of order ?

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sun Oct 22 17:02:41 BST 2006

Phew, you gave me a chock there :-o
It does indeed seem broken, the broken part - fortunately - is that I name the
index.xml file in the zip file the same as the zipfile, so if you have a look
at your mail below, you will actually see that you unpacked
index.xml~0002~.zip out of the zip file with the same name. Second time
around you ran unzip, it of course failed, as it was not a zip file anymore.
This is now fixed. Thanks for reporting.

On Sunday 08 October 2006 17:51, Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I set the number of backup files to 5, because I wanted some chances
| to recover in case of problems. I just tried to see if these backups
| would be usable if needed, well it does not seem so :-/. Maybe it's
| because of my conf, so that's why I used the interrogative form in the
| subject :-).
|
| Here is what I get if I try to open the zip backup file :
| > baptiste at pumte:~$ unzip Perso/Photos/index.xml~0002~.zip
| > Archive:  Perso/Photos/index.xml~0002~.zip
| >   inflating: index.xml~0002~.zip
| > baptiste at pumte:~$ unzip index.xml~0002~.zip
| > Archive:  index.xml~0002~.zip
| >   End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
| >   a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
| >   latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
| >   the last disk(s) of this archive.
| > unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of index.xml~0002~.zip or
| >         index.xml~0002~.zip.zip, and cannot find index.xml~0002~.zip.ZIP,
| > period.
|
| Could this  be caused by my conf ? Does anybody manage to open the zip
| backup files ?
|
| Cheers,

thousands of images?