[KPhotoAlbum] Exif suggestions

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sun Oct 22 17:20:08 BST 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 11:29, Michael J Gruber wrote:
| Hi there,
|
| I just managed to recompile qt with SQlite for Fedora Core 5 - hooray ;)
| The way the EXIF search is integrated with other searches and categories
| is *really* nice! Great work!
|
| What I would wish for, though, is the possibility to specify more EXIF
| tags to be searched for. I'm aware that this requires rebuilding the
| sqlite DB. E.g., I often want to know which lens I used most often on a
| certain occasion. The corresponding EXIF tag is specific for Canon. A
| pref dialogue such as for the EXIF info in the viewer info box and the
| exif info window would be most welcome. [ Something to dream of would be
| a histogram like the date bar for EXIF tags... ]
You are kind of late for this :-)
I begged people to try and comment on it a year ago :-o
I've for month tried to finish up the next version, so I have a filter on for
new feature suggestions now, sorry. I suggest you  bring it up again after
the next release.

| A minor suggestion: A binding to call the full EXIF info window from the
| viewer (also from full view). Maybe I just don't know the key, but it
| seems one can get at the full EXIF info only from list view.
| Unfortunately, the full screen view is the one where I ask myself most
| often "How did I do that?" ;)
See now you made me spent 20 minutes implementing that.....

check out SVN or the next snapshot.