[KPhotoAlbum] Exif suggestions

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane+kimdaba at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 9 10:29:46 BST 2006

Hi there,

I just managed to recompile qt with SQlite for Fedora Core 5 - hooray ;)
The way the EXIF search is integrated with other searches and categories
is *really* nice! Great work!

What I would wish for, though, is the possibility to specify more EXIF
tags to be searched for. I'm aware that this requires rebuilding the
sqlite DB. E.g., I often want to know which lens I used most often on a
certain occasion. The corresponding EXIF tag is specific for Canon. A
pref dialogue such as for the EXIF info in the viewer info box and the
exif info window would be most welcome. [ Something to dream of would be
a histogram like the date bar for EXIF tags... ]

A minor suggestion: A binding to call the full EXIF info window from the
viewer (also from full view). Maybe I just don't know the key, but it
seems one can get at the full EXIF info only from list view.
Unfortunately, the full screen view is the one where I ask myself most
often "How did I do that?" ;)

Cheers,
Michael