[KPhotoAlbum] Little patch and some ideas I like to implement

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Mon Nov 20 07:24:57 GMT 2006

On Sunday 19 November 2006 19:23, Henner Zeller wrote:
| Hi,
|
| > yeah, but I am assuming that at thumbnail-creation time, the image is
| > read and the size is known; so the image DB could be updated, then.
|
| Just looked at the code: indeed this is done. In my partcular test
| environment I was not saving the index.xml, so the sizes were never
| written to the database. From now on, since the thumbnails were
| already calculated and stored by the image manager, they were not
| recaculated on next startup thus the size stayed at -1x-1.
|
| Displaying such an image now will not show the image size at first
| (since it is still at -1x-1 when the info box is created); showing it
| a second time will show the image size, but will still not update the
| image-db .. it stays -1x-1.
Displaying the image in the viewer does (since a few weeks ago) update the
size in the DB (or at least it should). Due to a race between when the info
box's content is set and when update is done, you may see -1x-1 the first
time.

Then on the other hand, how besides the geeks in this mailing list, runs
around loading images into their KPA, without saving :-)

| -h

thousands of images?