[KPhotoAlbum] shift-click to select

Rob Miller rob at janerob.com
Wed May 24 07:06:07 BST 2006

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Risto H. Kurppa wrote:

> (Thumbnail-view: Shift - click on an image- another click on another
> image - release shift doesn't select all images between these two)
>
>>  seems to me that it selects only within currently visible thumbnails.  I
>>  thought of it as a bug too, but if you select a few, scroll down, select a
>>  different few, it is useful.
>
> I can't come up with a way to make it useful: It's impossible to tell
> beforehand how many of the last images it selects..

you are right, just tried again and it seems to randomly select some
number of thumbnails before the first shift-click'd image of the second
set.

> And as far as I know, to select more than one 'image sets' the
> standard would be:

sounds complicated!  :-)

>>  you can select many quickly by mouse click, then drag down until the
>>  window starts scrolling.
>
> Unless you are selecting some thousands - it takes a while to scroll
> down - and a challange to try to make it stop at even about the right
> place..

yup.

>>  and imho ctrl-a should be a shortcut for the menu entry "select all".
>
> Funny - on my KPA Ctrl-A IS a shortcut for "select all"..

hmmmm....  mine says "KPhotoAlbum SVN (Using KDE 3.4.3)", and is the
gentoo install called kphotoalbum-2.2.  I also have a bug where kpa starts
ok from the command line, and starts ok from the normal kde menu, but does
not start from the custom menu I have created....

rob.