[KPhotoAlbum] shift-click to select

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Wed May 24 06:17:37 BST 2006

(Thumbnail-view: Shift - click on an image- another click on another
image - release shift doesn't select all images between these two)

> seems to me that it selects only within currently visible thumbnails.  I
> thought of it as a bug too, but if you select a few, scroll down, select a
> different few, it is useful.

I can't come up with a way to make it useful: It's impossible to tell
beforehand how many of the last images it selects..

And as far as I know, to select more than one 'image sets' the
standard would be:
selecting the first set:
Shift - click on the first image - click on the last image
so now the first say 10 images are selected. Then scroll down with the
wheel or something to the other images you want to select (holding
that shift down!)
Ctrl (and holding that Shift!) - click on the first image - release
Ctrl -  click on the last image (still holding that shift!) - release
all.

Now it should have selected two image sets that don't need to be
connected to each other.

> you can select many quickly by mouse click, then drag down until the
> window starts scrolling.

Unless you are selecting some thousands - it takes a while to scroll
down - and a challange to try to make it stop at even about the right
place..

> and imho ctrl-a should be a shortcut for the menu entry "select all".

Funny - on my KPA Ctrl-A IS a shortcut for "select all"..

Anyway, something funny there how the selection works..

rhk

|risto h. kurppa / risto at kurppa.fi

|kfor.kurppa.fi - rauhanturvaajana Kosovossa
|www.vastavalo.fi - Suomen laajin avoin kuvatoimisto

|Miksi käyttää keskinkertaista? Parasta on saatavilla vapaasti! ubuntu.sange.fi
|Kissoja ei kannata imuroida. Ei edes vaikka ne olisivat  tosi
likaisia. - Antti 8v