[KPhotoAlbum] Mass-removal of tags

Walter Francis wally at theblackmoor.net
Thu Mar 16 22:20:58 GMT 2006

On Thu, March 16, 2006 08:21, Robert L Krawitz wrote:

> No.  The change is that there's now a "Remove" checkbox that when
> checked removes the tags you've selected.  It's analogous to the "Merge" checkbox.
> Indeed, selecting one turns unchecks the other.
> There are three modes: if Merge is checked, the tags are added to all
> selected images; if Remove is checked, the tags are removed from all selected images,
> and if neither is checked, the tags on all selected images are set to precisely the
> selected ones.

Aha!  I will have to experiment, but I think I like it.  Although I still think that
highlighting the existing common tags would be nicest, that way you could see what
exactly is tagged currently, untag ones you don't want, etc.  But I'll try the way you
have it, at least no more editing one file at a time or the XML directly.

> What was the reject in ListSelect.cpp?  That might have been the code
> that set up the Remove checkbox.

> more ./AnnotationDialog/ListSelect.cpp.rej
***************
*** 311,316 ****
      } else {
         _checkBox->setText( i18n("Merge") );
         _checkBox->setChecked( true );
      }
  }

--- 341,348 ----
      } else {
         _checkBox->setText( i18n("Merge") );
         _checkBox->setChecked( true );
+        _removeCheckBox->setText( i18n("Remove") );
+        _removeCheckBox->setChecked( false );
      }
  }

--
Walter Francis