[KPhotoAlbum] A couple of RFE's about tokens

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 18 12:12:32 BST 2006

   From: Martin Hoeller <martin at xss.co.at>
   Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 07:42:28 +0200

   On Tuesday 18 July 2006 02:40 Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   > I have a few things I'd like to see change about how tokens work.
   [...]
   > 1) Use the unshifted letter ('a') to add a token, and the shifted
   >    letter ('A') to remove it.  At least make this an option.  The
   >    toggle behavior can be very inconvenient if we're looking through
   >    pictures and I don't remember which state the token's in -- I have
   >    to pop the info box to find out.  Having one key to set and another
   >    key to clear a token would be more convenient in this scenario.

   I guess you know this already but just in case: popping up the
   infobox is a rather simple task using shortcuts (Ctrl-I per
   default).

Yes, but this is such a frequent operation that I want to optimize it
(for human interaction) heavily.

   Anyway, your request makes pretty much sence to me and could IMHO
   save one some time while taging images.

   > 2a) Allow Boolean logic (or at least a subset) on the tokens
   >    (e. g. some efficient way to select "all images with tokens A, Q,
   >    and Z" -- or perhaps "A, Q, or Z" might be better here).

   This IS possible. Just use the search dialog. Maybe you just didn't
   show the token pane in the dialog? However, using boolean logic is
   not that simple for non-technical users i would say. How would one
   know, that using '!'  infront of a keyword or token inverts the
   meaning?

The token pane seems to be a separate window that isn't integrated
very well into the search dialog (at least if I did it right).  What
I'd like here is a light weight way to "select all images with any of
these tokens".

   > 3) Allow use of tokens in the search window.

   see above.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton