[KPhotoAlbum] Help restoring Kimdaba files!

Ashley J Gittins agittins at purple.dropbear.id.au
Fri Jul 14 14:11:14 BST 2006

On Friday 14 July 2006 12:18, Paul Waldo wrote:
> My previous version was built from source (kimdaba-2005-12-29-noi18n) and I
> am currently using a distro-packaged Kimdaba version 2.1.  I tried telling
> the new Kimdaba where my image directory was and apparently it found the
> index.xml, but I get an error dialog that says
> "Unable to find 'Config' tag in configuration file [path]/index.xml".
> Is this a version problem or do I need to restore some other configuration
> files somewhere else?

Sounds to me (not that I actually know anything at all) that it might be a
version issue - Kimdaba 2.1 was released May 2005, so it's possible your Dec
2005 build required a newer file format than the version you are running now.

I would recommend trying to find a more recent package, 2.2 was released May
2006, and I am currently running a build from an SVN snapshot at some point
(patched to disable it importing all my RAW files).

Note that KimDaBa was renamed to KPhotoalbum, so you should check and see if
your distro comes with updates containing a recent kphotoalbum package to
replace the aged kimdaba package. Which distro/version are you running?

--
Regards,
	Ashley J Gittins
	jabber: agittins at purple.dropbear.id.au