[KPhotoAlbum] Help restoring Kimdaba files!

Paul Waldo pwaldo at waldoware.com
Fri Jul 14 03:18:27 BST 2006

Hi all,

I have organized a lot of images with Kimdaba.  To make a long story short, I
had to wipe my entire system and start with a fresh OS install.  I did make a
backup beforehand :-)

My previous version was built from source (kimdaba-2005-12-29-noi18n) and I am
currently using a distro-packaged Kimdaba version 2.1.  I tried telling the
new Kimdaba where my image directory was and apparently it found the
index.xml, but I get an error dialog that says
"Unable to find 'Config' tag in configuration file [path]/index.xml".
Is this a version problem or do I need to restore some other configuration
files somewhere else?

I spent many hours organizing my 7000 images, so I'm hoping some kind soul can
save all that work for me!  Thanks in advance!

Paul