[KPhotoAlbum] Another patch...

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jul 8 15:10:25 BST 2006

   From: "Michael J Gruber" <michaeljgruber+gmane+kimdaba at fastmail.fm>
   Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 15:44:10 +0200

   Robert,

   I applied your patches and they seem to be working nicely. Thanks!

   > 2) The image box now displays the file name.  I find it a real pain
   >    not to be able to see the image/filename in full screen view, which
   >    is normally what I use.

   I find it useful, too, but others might not. I guess it calls for an
   option quite like "show labels in thumbnail view".

Probably it does.

   BTW: Showing the full path exceeds the size of the info box, and I
   really don't want to have scroll bars there.
   Replacing the 2nd line in Utilities::createInfoText() (in
   Utilities/Util.h) by

   QString text = i18n("<b>File Name: </b> ") +
   DB::ImageDB::instance()->info(info->fileName())->label() +
   QString::fromLatin1("<br>");

   results in displaying the same label in the info box that is used in the
   thumbnail view as well (file name without path and ending).

Actually, I specifically want path and ending -- I have been known to
have multiple files with the same basename but different endings, and
I'm using KPhotoAlbum to store photos from multiple cameras.  Maybe it
should be configurable.

(Personally, I hate the notion of programs trying to be "friendly"
about not displaying too much information -- I'd rather have
everything and decide what is and isn't interesting to me.)

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton