[KPhotoAlbum] 45 000 images & KPhotoAlbum speed on Athlon 1GHz

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Tue Jan 31 10:44:11 GMT 2006

My autosave interval is 45 minutes but yes, it gets stuck while
autosaving as well as saving manually.

Memory / swapping could be the issue, I'm running some 400M of RAM -
and started today to try to find some more..

Thanks anyway!

Risto

ps. anyone have any answers to these:

-What'll the 'convert backend (experimental)..' or similar menu option do..?
Have I understood correctly that it'll start using sqlite database
instead of the xml database file or will it use both? Would this make
it faster - and how do you get the information from the database in
case you need it WITHOUT KPhotoAlbum/KimDaBa (reading a XML file is
simple with any programming language - how's it with a sqlite
database..? XML is one of the main reasons I chose KimDaBa)

-Where has the 'search folders' search pane disappeared?
On the last official (not snapshot) KimDaBa release it was possible to
select folders you wanted to search in - but not anymore. Will this
ever be back, what's the reason to remove it? It was easy to tag
images in specific folders with some reasonable folder names (I mean
images in folders Holiday2002, Holiday2003, Holiday2004 could all be
tagged as 'holiday' by searching for the images in all holiday -
folders..)