[KPhotoAlbum] Re: New snapshow - hopefully flicker free

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jan 29 16:01:36 GMT 2006

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:45:25 -0500
   Cc: kphotoalbum at kdab.net

   New snapshot available, hopefully flicker free.

   | 2) Thumbnail display is still very slow, with a lot of flickering.  I
   |    sometimes see a bunch of thumbnails drawn, and then sometimes they
   |    get momentarily erased and redrawn, when scrolling.  This is very
   |    distracting and rather time consuming.

   I'm sure I've managed to get it slower with my latest checkin, but
   I can't do miracles, you know.

All right, I'll have to try it.

   However, it should now be flicker free, let me know if you agree.

   | 3) I *strongly* suggest migrating settings before you release this.
   |    While it's OK for development snapshots to migrate releases,
   |    forcing users to redo all of their settings will cause a lot of
   |    annoyance.

   Thanks for your suggestion, but my finite amount of time forces me
   to prioritize. Afterall, it is only two pages of settings, General,
   Viewer, and Plugins. Is that such a big issue.

Obviously you have to prioritize, and that sometimes means decisions
that people don't like.  It's not so much that it's a big deal for
users to recreate these settings (it isn't); it's just going to feel
clunky to people.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton