[KimDaBa] trying to generate database for 50 000 images - KimDaBa crashes

Eivind Kjørstad ekj at zet.no
Thu Jan 12 06:26:28 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 11:14, Christophe Osuna wrote:

> I experienced a similar problem; KimDaBa didn't seem to like some file
> names. I can't remember exactly why, but I guess it was because of
> apostrophes.

Confirm. I was unable to import images that had filenames with german and
scandinavic characters.  (äößæøå kinda stuff) It's not *always* a problem,
I concluded it was some unfortunate combination of UTF-8 being used
somewhere, but not everywhere. I really don't know *where* the real bug
lies. Could be anywhere in Kimdaba OR in one of the libraries it uses
(KDE, QT, whatever)

	Eivind Kjørstad