[KimDaBa] trying to generate database for 50 000 images - KimDaBa crashes

Tuomas Suutari thsuut at utu.fi
Thu Jan 12 06:06:29 GMT 2006

On 2006-01-12 Thursday 03:49, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> I was told from my good friend (and former Bibble developer) that
> some images simply are buggy.
>
> In any case, KimDaBa is only using Qt's and KDE's code for
> rendering/reading images, so it really is not my fault, so best you
> can do is track them down, and send them through say gimp (and hope
> that can handle them)

Of course Qt, KDE or Kimdaba shouldn't still crash, only complain about
invalid image and handle it controlled way. So in some layer there
still is a bug and maybe filling bug report for Qt would be
appropriate, if it's Qt bug.

Risto: Can konqueror, kuickshow or other KDE/Qt progams show that image
without crashing?

Tuomas Suutari | +358 50 3806983 | thsuut at utu.fi