[KimDaBa] trying to generate database for 50 000 images - KimDaBa crashes

Christophe Osuna christophe at osuna.org
Wed Jan 11 10:14:33 GMT 2006

Le Mercredi 11 Janvier 2006 08:59, Risto H. Kurppa a écrit :
> The subject basically describes the problem: I try to let KimDaBa
> generate the XML for my about 50 000 photos. The progress bar gets up
> to around 50 % - and then KinDaBa just disappears/crashes.
>
> I have JPG, MPG, AVI, NEF(Nikon RAW) & TIF files in the folder
> srtucture - could some of these cause the problem? How about user
> rights, folder structure depth / long name..?
>
> Anyone had the same problem?
> How to solve it?

I experienced a similar problem; KimDaBa didn't seem to like some file names.
I can't remember exactly why, but I guess it was because of apostrophes. You
can try to use a search tool to find and rename such files.

You can also wait and see if somebody comes up with another suggestion (can
50,000 pictures be too much?) :-)