[KimDaBa] trying to generate database for 50 000 images - KimDaBa crashes

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Wed Jan 11 07:59:21 GMT 2006

Hi!

The subject basically describes the problem: I try to let KimDaBa
generate the XML for my about 50 000 photos. The progress bar gets up
to around 50 % - and then KinDaBa just disappears/crashes.

I still have to try to start it on command line if it would give me
some error message, but this is what I've experienced so far..

I have JPG, MPG, AVI, NEF(Nikon RAW) & TIF files in the folder
srtucture - could some of these cause the problem? How about user
rights, folder structure depth / long name..?

Anyone had the same problem?
How to solve it?

risto

--