[KimDaBa] Problem with image orientation

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 5 22:57:52 GMT 2006

I'm having a problem with EXIF image orientation sometimes being
ignored, using the 12/29 snapshot and exiv 0.8.  Reading the EXIF
information often results in images always being in position 0 (top,
right), even if I shot them in portrait mode.

This seems to be more of a problem with .crw files than with .jpg
files.  Looking at fileinfo.cpp, it appears that the orientation
string is being returned correctly; the problem is that it's not being
translated into the correct angle (more specifically, the orientation
is always being returned as 0).

Sorry this is a bit rushed; I just returned from vacation.  I could
send a couple of test images if required.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton