[KPhotoAlbum] Faking kim files to import photos

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 21:12:09 GMT 2006

On 2/20/06, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at blackie.dk> wrote:

> How about simply producing a index.xml file on its own
That's what I was doing. I would then zip it and rename it file.kim

> opening that in KPhotoAlbum
Did that.

> and then run the thing through export?
Why run it through export?

My goal is to move from BrilliantPhoto to KimDaBa. I can take the
people, place and keywords from the IPTC data in BrilliantPhoto and
make an index.xml file for KimDaBa. The only problem is that KimDaBa
is not accepting my index.xml file, and I get the error that I
mentioned. How can I 'reproduce' the index.xml file so that KimDaBa
will accept it?

I should note that I have thousands of pictures- retagging them by
hand is impossible.

Thanks Jesper and all else who dedicate time to this project. I really
do appreciate you all.

Dotan Cohen