[KPhotoAlbum] Faking kim files to import photos

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 16:23:53 GMT 2006

I need to import 5 gigs of pictures that I have taken over the years
to KimDaBa / KPhotoAlbum. The photos have the people/place/keywords
info in IPTC tags and I can access the IPTC info via php. I want to
create .kim files to import the data automatically. I have no problem
creating the index.xml files and then zipping them. However, when I
try to import them to KimDaBa I get this error:
Export file did not contain a Thumbnails subdirectory, this indicates
that the file is broken.

The index.xml file looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<KimDaBa-export location="external" >
 <image md5sum="8d5345a91111ef5cefb577debe4adcc4" file="dotan.jpg">
 <options>
  <option name="Keywords" >
   <value value="beer" />
  </option>
  <option name="Locations" >
   <value value="Haifa" />
   <value value="Hatzafon" />
  </option>
  <option name="Persons" >
   <value value="Ety" />
   <value value="Dotan" />
  </option>
 </options>
 </image>
</KimDaBa-export>

What must I add to the file / to the zip to have KimDaBa recognize it?
Is there a better way to go about this? Thank you.

Dotan Cohen
http://dotancohen.com