[KPhotoAlbum] Optimization of index.xml

Tuomas Suutari thsuut at utu.fi
Tue Aug 29 15:13:01 BST 2006

On 2006-08-29 Tuesday 17:02, jedd wrote:
>  As I understand it, it's very tricky to make a multi-user database
>  using sqlite - at least in the way that we (well, I) want to have
>  multi-user functionality working - ie, across the network.

It's better to use SQLite only locally, but it might be possible to use
it by many users simultaneously and maybe even over network.

Anyway MySQL and PostgreSQL are also supported by the SQL backend.

>  I'd be curious if Tuomas' SoC project scope extends to the various
>  utilities needed to convert to and from different database backends
>  (assuming different backends are supported).

Functionality for converting database to different backend is
implemented in the SVN. I only have to add a dialog for asking
conversion destination.

Tuomas Suutari | +358 50 3806983 | thsuut at utu.fi